Hello! Today’s blog post is another tag. This time, I’m answering the questions with characters from my WIP, Alter Reach. If you’re new here, I’ll give you a little background info on Alter Reach.
Three years ago, twins, Marci and Olivia Edelman, woke to find their parents had vanished. After touching a strange stone, the twins’ memories are suddenly wiped and all they remember is each other. A full FBI investigation turns up no leads on the disappearance and a full psych evaluation turns up no leads on their strange case of amnesia. The sisters are left to face a town full of rumors and accusations. Right after graduation, Marci moves to New York City to escape while Olivia vows to figure out what happened that night. On the third anniversary, Olivia shows up on Marci’s doorstep with a lead, a strange man named Zeke, who claims he knows where their parents are.
1. A crazy hacker’s gone into your computer, and has deleted all of your music, except for one song off of your writing playlist. Which song is it?
What a horrible thing to do to someone.
Anyway, if I had to pick one song off my Alter Reach playlist, I guess I’d go with Lindsey Stirling’s Lost Girls. This song just really brings me to a lot of places when I’m writing Alter Reach, so I wouldn’t want to lose all that inspiration.
2. Your protagonist and antagonist have been paired up by friends to go out to lunch together. Where do they go?
I don’t really want to go with the obvious antagonist here because I think this answer would be a little more interesting. Watching Marci and Jade trying to choke down a lunch without murdering each other would be so fantastically awkward to witness. I feel like Jade wouldn’t even consider this proposition unless they were going somewhere fancy and high class. They would probably settle on Olive Garden after Marci convinced Jade she could still wear her cocktail dress there.
3. You’re crossing a bridge when the troll living under it stops you. He demands to read a chapter from your novel, and won’t let you cross otherwise. Which chapter do you give him?
I guess I would give him Chapter 7 because that is where you start putting the pieces together of the mystery. I feel like the troll would be satisfied understanding why Marci and Olivia lost their memories.
4. Your friends have invited you out to a party. Surprise! All of your characters are there. Who do you choose to hang out with?
I wouldn’t hang out with Cybil because she is effing crazy. She would not be fun and I think she’d be the hardest to control. All Cybil wants to do is murder people. That doesn’t sound like a party to me.
Faelyn is bad ass. She is the kind of friend you want with you during any crisis and any party. She’s going to keep you level headed with her smarts and grounded with her sarcasm. Faelyn likes her vodka and would be a good wing woman to help you get the attention of the hot guy or keep the creep away from you.
5. Crap. You left your car keys in your house, and you’ve (somehow) locked yourself out. Which of your characters picks the lock for you?
Wren. Or Faelyn, but I’m trying to use different characters for each question. Wren could pick a lock…or break the door down pretty easily. Either way works for me.
6. The zombie apocalypse is happening right now. (It sucks.) Everyone is fleeing the planet, and moving to Mars. ONE of your characters can go with you. Who do you choose?
Braston. I know I’m not supposed to have favorites, since all of these characters came from my head…but Braston is ❤
7. You’ve been given the opportunity to travel to one place (town, building, landmark, country) in your book. Where do you go?
Alter Reach Inn.
8. Crazy acid rain is falling from the sky. Which of your characters would you use as an umbrella?
Triston. Easy. I can’t really tell you all that much about him without spoiling, but I think you will agree.
9. You’re out at a restaurant with your main character, and the time has come to order dessert. What do you order for them?
That is the end of the questions! I hope you enjoyed this. A little bit of insight on some of the characters I’ve spent over a year with. If anyone does this tag, please let me know! I’d love to read/watch your responses. I hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend!
Until next time –