Quick update – we got a fish tank! Very excited.
Anyway, today I figured I would go over the results from my “monthly goals” and tell you what my May goals are.
April Goals – Results
- Complete Camp NaNoWriMo. – I have a rough goal of 25,000 words, but my main goal is to finish Alter Reach. – I unfortunately didn’t accomplish this. I got quite a bit done, but Alter Reach isn’t complete yet.
- Post 3 blogs per week (including Jessica’s Weekly Poetry Post). – I think other than the last week, I pretty much kept up with this. So yay me. Haha.
- Clean out/organize under my kitchen cupboards (yes, there will be non-writer goals!) – DONE
- Start looking into editors (if you have any suggestions, let me know!) and pricing out my options. – I haven’t settled on one, but I’ve looked into options.
- Start looking into cover designers (if you have any suggestions, let me know!) and pricing out my options. – Same as #4. I haven’t settled on anything yet.
- Get some “professional” photos of myself taken. (By professional, I mean have my husband take some nice portraits of me.) – Failed. I’ll try again in May haha.
- Clean out/organize my closet and donate things I don’t need. – DONE!
- Go to Church every Sunday. – In my defence, my husband and I were sick for the first two weeks of April, and we had to skip Easter…so this didn’t happen, but I’m not considering it a fail.
- Update Twitter and Facebook more often. – I did this with Twitter. I still neglected Facebook, but my traffic there is small anyway.
- Plan a nice Birthday for my hubby (his Birthday is the 27th!) – I think he had a good birthday, so I’ll call this a win! 🙂
GOALS COMPLETED: 7.5 out of 10
Not bad. Okay, here’s my 10 goals for the month of May! Some goals will be repeated from month to month because they are good habits.
- Post 3 blogs per week including my weekly Poetry post.
- Get some pictures of myself taken by hubby.
- Go to Church every Sunday.
- Update Twitter & Facebook four times a week.
- Cook one new recipe a week.
- Maintain a happy, healthy environment for our new fish kids.
- Read 4 books (or more).
- Lose 5lbs.
- Read from the Bible nightly.
- Write a new piece of poetry.
Alright, that’s a good list of goals I think. I hope you all have a great week! Stay tuned for a couple movie reviews I have planned (including the promised review of Cloverfield), along with some other fun blogs.
You can read Chapter One of Alter Reach here.
As always, if you want to stay up to date with me, you can follow me on Twitter & Instagram @JessicaInspired, and like my facebook page.
Don’t forget to check out my review of Kong: Skull Island Review with my husband on YouTube!
Until next time –