Hi there! Happy New Year’s Eve! I did a “Looking Back at 2017” post earlier this month. You can find it here.
2017 was a great year. I learned a lot about who I am (personally and as a writer), I made mistakes, I laughed, I cried…but in the end, it was the best it could be. I really feel like 2018 is going to be even better. What I learned in 2017 will carry me into 2018, and I can’t wait to see what is in store.
I want to take a moment and thank all of you who read my blog. It is incredible to feel like people have an interest in what you say. What started as a hobby has become something much more, and I am so thankful.
Here’s to an amazing 2018! 🎉🎉🎉
My 2018 Goals
1. Publish Alter Reach – I’ve set this goal for two straight years, but this is going to happen in 2018.
2. Write more poetry – what I have shared with you on this blog are poems that were written throughout high school and college. I would love to get back into it with a new (happier) perspective.
3. Read 50 books – I set a higher goal last year and didn’t come close. I dropped the goal a bit so I can mark this as achieved at the end of the year. It isn’t like I don’t have a mile long TBR list or anything…😊
4. Reach my next follower goal on this blog – I was able to reach my first 100 followers in 2017, which was huge for me. I’m not going to reveal what my goal until I hit it, but I’m excited to see if it happens!
5. Write a blog post at least every other day – I’ve been able to blog once a day for the last couple of weeks because I’ve unfortunately been out of work, sick. I’d still like to update as frequently as possible, and I think every other day is reasonable.
6. Lose weight- I know, I know. This is on everyone’s list, every year. I’d like to take some boxing classes and eat a little healthier. That’s all.
7. Be more involved at Church. My husband and I have been talking about this more recently, and we would like go get involved, so we are looking into different possibilities.
8. Date night with hubby at least once a week- it’s so easy to get wrapped up in life and let time slip by. I have the most incredible husband and I want to make sure we don’t let that happen. 😊
9. Travel somewhere fun – We’ve been lucky enough to take a small trip every year. I’d like to do that again this year.
10. Be happy and healthy! 😁
Tonight, Paul and I will be ringing in the New Year with movies and snacks.
What are some of your goals for 2018? What are your plans for tonight?
I hope you have a wonderful New Year’s Eve! Please be safe and have fun! 🎉🎉🎉