Hello everyone! Two blog posts in one day – unheard of! I’m really trying to get back on my game of writing consistently, so here I am. 😛
This is a tag I found on Katytastic’s YouTube channel – check it out. If you want to answer the questions, I tag you. Let me know you did it so I can read your answers! 🙂
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I don’t really have a strategy for this. I normally just look at my shelf and grab a book that sticks out to me. The only time I pick a specific book is if I am reading through a series. For example, the Hunger Games – I read the books, one after another.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Sometimes I quit, sometimes I commit to the end. If I am reaching the “exciting” portion of the book and still not loving it, I put it down. There have been times when I was reading a book and thinking about putting it down, but I powered through and ended up loving the book. This is rare though.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your GoodReads reading challenge. Do you try to catch up and how?
I set unrealistic GoodReads reading challenges for myself, but I try to catch up by reading as much as possible whenever I have a chance.
4. The covers of a series you love do. not. match. How do you cope?
This bothers me so much…but I still buy the un-matching book because I am not satisfied until I have the entire series on my shelf.
5. Every one and their mother loves a book you really don’t like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
I don’t really have anyone to bond over my shared hatred of certain books…except maybe my husband, but he isn’t really into the books I’m into so that doesn’t always work. I just look up YouTube reviews and try to find people who have similar opinions.
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
I leave said public setting and finish reading the tear-worthy section. If I’m in a situation that I can’t leave, I’m normally not reading.
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?!?!?!?
Sometimes I re-read the book, sometimes I find a synopsis. It depends on how long it’s been since I read the prior book. Normally, I start reading a series after all the books have come out anyway, so I’m not in this situation often.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I let people borrow books once and a while, but it has to be someone I trust. I love my books, don’t get me wrong, but if it’s a story I think people should read, I am happy to let them read it.
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
This is me, right now. I try to power through it by picking a book that I have been excited to read. This normally helps me to get back into it.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
I only spend money when I know I can..so I suffer through wanting all the books until I can either afford them or ask for them for Christmas 🙂
11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It depends on where I am on my TBR list. Sometimes the new book is at the top, and sometimes it’s a little farther down. I only buy a book if it’s in the top 5 of my reading TBR unless I’m buying from a used book store and find something that just interests me.
Well, there it is. Last post for today, but I’m hoping I will be better about posting now. Thanks for sticking with me! 🙂
You can still read Chapter One of Alter Reach here.
As always, if you want to stay up to date with me, you can follow me on Twitter & Instagram @JessicaInspired, and like my facebook page.
Don’t forget to check out my review of Kong: Skull Island Review with my husband on YouTube!
Until next time –