I kind of fell off the face of the earth the last few days and I apologise for that. It’s been a crazy couple of weeks and I am looking forward to a long, three day weekend ahead to recoup and catch up on all the blogs I planned to put out, along with continuing the progress on Alter Reach!
Tonight I thought I’d put together another list of writing resources I find useful. You can read my first list here.
1. Jeff Goin’s blog is fantastic. He has advice on writing, publishing, setting up your blog…just about anything you need advice on, he has. He does have some paid services, but I think you can find quite a bit of useful info that he offers for free.
2. Mandi Lynn is a YouTuber/Published author who has tons of useful info to share…from outlining to publishing options, she is a great resource I find myself referring to when I need help.
3. Beyond Your Blog is a great resource. There is some advice, along with writing opportunities to help you take your writing to the next level.
4. Every Writer – tips, tricks and contests galore. This is a great resource for inspiration.
5. The Write Life – I follow this on Facebook, and they always have great articles and memes to spread inspiration and laughs along the way. I just discovered their actual site. It has many useful articles and links to other great resources (some of which, I have mentioned.)
6. I mentioned Well-Storied in my last post of useful resources but I never mentioned the Facebook group. If you’re a Facebook user, search for Your Write Dream (what Well-Storied used to be named). You should find a Facebook group you can join. It is fantastic, there are so many friendly people willing to give advice and help you out. I’ve gained a lot of inspiration from that group.
7. #AmWriting – if you’re a Twitter user, this is a must-use hashtag. You can find resources and other authors to connect too. I use it every time I post and it’s helped me build my platform more than I think I would have, had I not used it.
8. Narrative Ink Editing – while not an advice resource, I figured in this second installment of resources, I would touch on some of the editors I’ve been researching. If you’re in need of an editor, I’d highly recommend checking this one out. It’s on my top list of editors I’m considering.
9. Think Written has a cool article with 365 writing prompts. When I’m feeling uninspired, I seek out writing prompts. Here’s some fun ones if you’re feeling the need.
10. Descriptionari is a cool site where people post descriptions of all sorts of things. It’s a great place to get inspiration for descriptions.
That’s all I have for you today. I hope you find some of these useful. I will try to get back on track with regular posts 😉
You can still read Chapter One of Alter Reach here.
As always, if you want to stay up to date with me, you can follow me on Twitter & Instagram @JessicaInspired, and like my facebook page.
Don’t forget to check out my review of Kong: Skull Island Review with my husband on YouTube!
Until next time –